What is Magnetic Separation?
The magnetic separation is actually based on differing degrees of attraction that is exerted on the various minerals by strong and powerful magnetic fields. Strongly magnetic minerals like franklinite, pyrrhotite, and magnetite can be easily removed from the gangue minerals with very good results with the help of low-intensity magnetic roller separators. But the oxide iron ores like siderite and limonite and the iron-bearing titanium, manganese, and the tungsten ores as well as iron-bearing silicates can only be separated by the high-intensity magnetic roller separators.
Magnetic roller (magnetic drums) increase the efficiency of sorting plants by generating clean ferrous scrap. That means you can reliably remove iron from various sortable materials or recover high-purity ferrous fractions. Material flows with a high iron content can thus be prepared for further differentiated sorting. Magnetic drums from us also protect crushers, mills and downstream processing equipment against wear and destruction. We therefore offer both electric and permanent magnetic drums which can be used in traversing or extracting operation. For your success, we also rely exclusively on proven designs that are continuously improved. Their special design ensures the high purity of the sorted products and thus attractive marketing of the ferrous scrap. Osenc magnetic drum separators are also characterized by their extreme longevity.
Magnetic drums are used wherever the belt of an overhead suspension magnet wears too quickly or where material that is difficult to collect magnetically has to be separated after the overhead suspension magnet. In most cases the magnetic drum is suitable for recovering metal from shredder material.
Magnetic drum separators also ensure optimal results in the processing of incineration bottom ash from incineration plants before the eddy current separator recovers valuable non-ferrous metals. Uses permanent magnetic drums to separate even weakly magnetic components from crushed battery cells or shredded electronic scrap. Ferrous impurities can also be removed from coal and glass by magnetic drums prior to further processing.
Magnetic drums can be operated in two different arrangements: traversing and extracting operation. In the case of the classic magnetic drum that operates traversing, the bulk material is evenly distributed via a feed chute and placed onto the rotating magnetic drum. Here magnetic particles are retained on the surface of the drum and transported back, whereas non-magnetic ones follow the laws of gravity and fall down. In this case the drum always rotates in the direction of the supply flow. The material flow is easily managed in this version – not least because the grain sizes are smaller and more even.
Low output losses are achieved using a traversing arrangement. The extracting magnetic drum rotates against the supply flow and is arranged above the discharge of a feed chute. Here the magnetic drum lifts magnetic particles from the supply flow and transports them upwards against gravity by means of rotation where they are extracted beyond the drum’s splitter point. The metal product is clean and the losses are low. A change of polarity can also result in a “self-cleaning effect” whereby trapped parts like films can be released from the drum surface.
The magnetic separators consist of the hopper, drive motor, magnetic roller, adjustable splitter plates, roller construction, control panel, electromagnet feeder with the dimmer control.The rare earth separators need a powerful and strong rare earth magnetic roller, that also function as the head pulley. When the product on the belt passes over a rare earth magnet roller, the ferrous particles get stick to the belt and ferrous particles fall freely just off the belt into a non-magnetic chute because of centrifugal force. A magnetic roller separator is designed for the separation of the para-magnetic or micro iron material from the ceramic raw material and also from the minerals.
Types of the magnetic roll separators
- Edison Separator
- Magnetic Coolant Separator
- Wet Drum Separator
- Gravity Feed Magnetic Separator
The Double Roller Separators
For highest purity purposes, double-stage roller separators are designed. the material passes through magnet for twice from the high-intensity roller. The high-intensity roller separators are manufactured for extremely fine quality separation and these separators have been used by the industries in industrial mineral applications successfully. These magnetic roller separators have rare earth neodymium permanent magnets.
Triple and the multi roller separators
Triple and the multi roller separators are produced for the purification of material and it separates the iron particles very finely and smoothly. The material that is to be cleaned is passed from the magnet of multi stage roller and then it is provided at the material outlet. Material flows in hopper and then it comes on the vibrator. the product flow is diverted, it then falls across the surface at the roller belt, the ferrous matter that is contained in product flow is then drawn to roll’s surface by powerful and the strong magnet housed inside.
Dust Tight Magnetic Roller Separators
Dust tight magnetic roller separators are also manufactured in China in one to eight stages roller separator in various sizes. These magnetic roller separators can even separate the weekly magnetic contamination.
High Intensity Magnetic Roller Separators
In high intensity, magnetic roll separator, short conveyor belt envelops a magnetic roll and the tensioning ideal roll. suitable feeder discharges or excretes materials on the belt. Paramagnetic and the ferromagnetic particles adhere to a belt and the nonmagnetic particles flows freely off at end of a conveyor.
The high intensity magnetic roller separators are used in the processing and the cleaning of various grains:
- These separators are used in rice cleaning.
- Used in the very fine wheat cleaning.
- Efficiently cleans the corn.
- Also being used in the pulses cleaning.
- Cleans the sesame very sharply.
- Used in cumin cleaning.
- Also used in the fennel seed cleaning.
Industrial Uses of the Magnetic Roller Separators
The magnetic roll separators are mainly and specifically used for the separation or cencentration of the minerals or of the materials having low magnetic susceptibility.
Other uses include extraction of the chromium or iron bearing minerals from the silica sand, concentration minerals like the wolframite, removal of the paramagnetic minerals like the Iron Titanium Oxide and Iron Carbonate etc., from the valuable non-magnetic minerals and the purification of the abrasives and dry granular chemical compounds.
These self-cleaning and the magnetic roll separators selectively remove the magnetic components out of the conveyed material and then discharges as clean and distinct material.
For selective recovery, the field intensity is quite adjustable.
Extremely high gauss of 20,000 power is achieved by magnetic roller separator.
- Refractory and abrasive.
- Magnetite beneficiation.
- Raw materials cleaning.
- Iron ore beneficiation.
- Glass sand and manganese beneficiation.
- Pyrophyllite and andalusite beneficiation.
- Diamond beneficiation.
- Kainite and the diatomaceous earth cleaning.
- Pre-concentration of copper-nickel ore.
- Feldspar cleaning.
- The Bauxite upgrading.
- Removal of the Ferro silicates from the limestone magnetite etc.
- Graphite and flint clay beneficiation.
- The recovery of metals from the slag.
- Ultra high quartz purity cleaning.
- Ceramic raw materials cleaning.
- The selective separation of the rutile/ zircon / ilmenite and garnet recovery.
- Bauxite cleaning.
Advantages of the magnetic roller separation
- It lower the installation costs.
- Easy access to the dust generation points.
- Reduced periodic cleaning and the downtime.
- Ready observation of operation and the ease of process control.
- It lower the maintenance costs.
- It lower the capital costs and the operating costs at per tones of the product.
- Latest emf- Chinese factories incorporates the special new designs of the operational and the development experience.
Why these magnetic separators are used in the industries?
- The magnetic separators are used for protecting the vital process equipments downstream from damaging while it produces the clean separated final product.
- Such type of equipment includes the primary jaw crushers, hammer mills, cone crushers and other tertiary crushers.
- It can also effectively and efficiently prevent the long sharp metal shards against ripping, cutting or tearing conveyor belts.
- These are usually and mostly used for the separation of tramp iron, that is also known as the unwanted or the damaged metal and the ferrous impurities, from the nonmagnetic materials that are conveyed in the bulk form.
- Ferrous impurities originates from the land fill or the excavating machinery that are used to mine, drill or recovering the raw material or extracting.